Alchemy Technology Services Academy
The Alchemy Technology Services Academy is a 5 week, tailor-made programme supported by the Department for the Economy and delivered in partnership with the North West Regional College.
The Academy is designed to equip candidates with relevant skills and certifications that are in demand in the marketplace and provide a bridge that will span the gap between completing your course and entering a fulfilling career in an exciting tech driven industry.
The core modules you will study are dependent on your specific role but will include:
- Introduction to Alchemy Technology Services
- Insurance Foundations
- Consulting Skills
- Object Oriented Programming
- Advanced SQL
- Insurance Software Product Training and Certification
- London Market Certification
The role of Technical Analyst will require travel in both the UK and Europe, as you will work on-site with Industry leading clients gaining hands-on commercial experience. Typically, you could spend up to 3/4 days a week on client sites when not working from the Derry office.
- Strong academic result (such as a BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third level institution) is desirable with the minimum level of education required to be successful in the role being a HND in an IT related discipline
- Ideally applicants will have a grounding in Java, .Net, C# or C++ and an awareness of Object Oriented Design principles.
- A degree in a Business/Finance related discipline with technology included will also be considered
- Any European language skills is an advantage
For the duration of the Academy, participants will be paid £150 training allowance per week plus travel expenses.
Upon successful completion of the Academy, you may be given an offer of employment with Alchemy.
Alchemy technology services
Alchemy Technology Services is a European Centre of Excellence for leading core technology offerings to drive Digital Transformation in the UK and European Insurance market. Based in Derry City, our vision is to attract talented people, equip them with relevant skills and certifications that are in demand in the Insurance industry and provide them with a successful career in an exciting marketplace.
Our aim is to achieve this in a responsible and caring way that will create a win-win for the employee, their families and the local community along with the various stakeholders in the transformation of the Insurance industry.
Our business is people focused, with teamwork and collaboration key to our values. As an Alchemy employee you will receive:
- Ongoing professional development, to get where you want to go with your career
- A supportive workplace where innovation is key
- A market competitive salary including a transparent, achievable bonus structure
- Clear routes for progression and promotion
Be part of this exciting company in the North West, offering you a career in one of the fastest growing industries in the world
Applications for Academy 2 are now closed
Keep an eye on our social media for updates on further recruitment dates
For further information please email your enquiry to email@example.com. Successful applicants claiming Job Seekers Allowance should complete a Better off Calculation (www.entitledto.co.uk) before proceeding with the programme.
Applications are welcome from those who meet the criteria irrespective of religious belief, political opinion, age, sexual orientation, disability, race, marital status, gender, whether or not they have dependents and women returning to the workforce.
To find out how we use your personal information please click here.